Transportation Management System (TMS) Modernization
Transportation & Logistics
- Software modernization
- Cloud solutions
- Real Time Solution
Refactoring and modernization of legacy software for a freight forwarder with a global client base. Enhancing this web-based transportation management system with new capabilities and its subsequent maintenance.
A global transportation management solution provider with a vast portfolio of shipping services
- North America
- 100+ employees
Several TMS software development vendors — one issue: Poor code quality and low development speed
Poor development practices atop legacy code of the transport management software system
From a buggy freight management software system with limited scalability to a fast, stable solution enhanced with new TMS features in three months
- PHP, Node.js, React.js, ElasticSearch
- 3 months
- 1-3 specialists
Significant savings and a considerable increase in the number of shippers using the client’s freight logistics software
- Thanks to the migration from the Google API to the in-house database with zipcodes, the client now saves over $5K monthly.
- Due to moving the client’s transportation management software system to the AWS hosting, they save around $10K yearly.
- The integration of Google Analytics for user behavior analysis and A/B testing has unlocked the potential for customer-oriented development of the product.
- Сode optimization has made this freight software solution stable and much faster.
- Reindexing the ElasticSearch database has improved the speed of data access.
- Due to the enhancements implemented by our team, the client’s customer base has increased significantly: over 1 billion shippers can now enjoy the benefits of this transportation management system.